The OWC Community is accepting applications for a Coding Coordinator. This is a volunteer position for anyone interested in online writing center work. Applicants of all backgrounds are welcome to apply.
The Coding Coordinator will be responsible for the following:
- Managing all advanced coding and plugins for the OWC Community website in WordPress
- Researching and installing new plugins that offer additional features
- Managing the OWC Community listserv and solving technical issues in a timely manner
- Attending a monthly meeting with other OWC Coordinators and additional meetings as needed
- Representing the OWC Community at their local writing center conferences and at IWCA (when able to attend)
The person in this position can take on additional tasks, depending on their interests and availability. The time commitment is an average of 5 hours a month, but can fluctuate based on events and initiatives. Appointment to this position is for at least 1 calendar year, with the option to stay on longer if desired.
To apply for this position, please send a general curriculum vitae and a 200-word statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is January 31, 2020.
Applicants will be invited to attend a video meeting to meet the current OWC Coordinators and learn more about the position and our goals for this year. If you have any questions before or after applying, please contact Jenelle Dembsey at email@example.com.