Institutional and program contexts direct affect the nature of online writing support at each of our centers. To help others make decisions based on their contexts, we invite you to share a detailed profile of your program.
Your submission should include two parts: cover page and program narrative.
Please include the following information on the cover page:
- Institution Name
- Institution Type
- OWC context within the institution
- OWC website
- Number of Writing Center staff
- Types of OWC support offered
- Your Name/Title/Contact Information
- Name of Writing Center Director or Lead/Title/Contact Information
The following questions are commonly asked about online writing support. Use these questions as a guide to craft a narrative about your program:
- How would you describe your institution and the student population(s) you serve?
- How/where is your OWC situated within your institution?
- What kinds of support (financial and otherwise) does your institution provide your OWC?
- What types of services does your OWC currently offer? What are the logistics for these services? Who is the intended audience?
- What technology platforms do you use for these services? Why did you choose these particular platforms, and what are the pros and cons of these platforms?
- What does training look like for your OWC services (i.e., activities, time requirement, etc.)?
- How do you assess staff performance or user satisfaction?
- What barriers or challenges have you faced in developing, maintaining, or growing your OWC?
- What institutional barriers has your OWC faced? If applicable, how have you overcome these barriers?
As part of your narrative response, we encourage you to attach any relevant supplemental documentation (e.g. training manuals, checklists, websites) that you are comfortable sharing with others.
We have two rolling deadlines:
- Spring deadline: June 30
- Fall deadline: December 31
Send your cover page and program narrative, including any attachments, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Length of submission should be 750-1500 words.
Last Updated: August 11, 2019