Virtual Conversation Hours provide a space to share experiences, ideas, strategies, and questions about online writing centers (OWCs). All participants are welcome, regardless of previous experience with OWCs. Each Virtual Conversation Hour focuses on a specific topic, but participants can bring all questions, ideas, and comments to the discussion.
Virtual Conversation Hours are held in Zoom. After registering, you will receive a unique Zoom link via email. Please save this link in order to enter the Zoom meeting on the date of the event. Participants can contribute through audio and/or chat. Sharing your video is not expected. We post summary notes in our Blog after each discussion for anyone who can’t attend live.
Please register using the links below:
- Branching Out for Better Marketing on Friday, February 21, from 12-1 p.m. EST
- Accessibility in Conference Presentations on Friday, March 27, from 12-1 pm EST
- The Additional Writing Support Plan (AWS): Online Writing Center Accommodations for Students with Disabilities on Friday, April 10, 12-1pm EST
We are still looking for facilitators for May and June 2020. If interested, please apply to be a facilitator.
View summaries of past conversation hours in our Blog:
- Assessment & Reporting for OWCs (summary) – November 15, 2019
- Identifying & Navigating Institutional Context for OWCs (summary) – September 13, 2019
- OWC Readings (summary) – August 20, 2019
- Training for Online Writing Tutoring (summary) – May 3, 2019
- Synchronous Tutoring Platforms (summary) – April 12, 2019
- Asynchronous Tutoring Strategies (summary) – March 26, 2019