Virtual Conversation Hours provide a space to share experiences, ideas, strategies, and questions about online writing centers (OWCs). All participants are welcome, regardless of previous experience with OWCs. Each Virtual Conversation Hour focuses on a specific topic, but participants can bring all questions, ideas, and comments to the discussion.
Virtual Conversation Hours are held in Zoom. After registering, you will receive a unique Zoom link via email. Please save this link in order to enter the Zoom meeting on the date of the event. Participants can contribute through audio and/or chat. Sharing your video is not expected.
Beginning in March, Virtual Conversation Hours will be recorded and shared online with closed captions, for anyone who can’t attend live. We also post summary notes in our Blog.
Please register using the links below:
- The Additional Writing Support Plan (AWS): Online Writing Center Accommodations for Students with Disabilities has been cancelled and will be rescheduled soon
- Accessibility in Conference Presentations has been cancelled and will be rescheduled soon
We are still looking for facilitators for May and June 2020. If interested, please apply to be a facilitator.
View summaries and presentation materials from past conversation hours in our Blog:
- Branching Out for Better Marketing (summary) – February 21, 2020
- Assessment & Reporting for OWCs (summary) – November 15, 2019
- Identifying & Navigating Institutional Context for OWCs (summary) – September 13, 2019
- OWC Readings (summary) – August 20, 2019
- Training for Online Writing Tutoring (summary) – May 3, 2019
- Synchronous Tutoring Platforms (summary) – April 12, 2019
- Asynchronous Tutoring Strategies (summary) – March 26, 2019