Virtual Conversation Hours provide a space to share experiences, ideas, strategies, and questions about online writing centers (OWCs). All participants are welcome, regardless of previous experience with OWCs. Each Virtual Conversation Hour focuses on a specific topic, but participants can bring all questions, ideas, and comments to the discussion.
Virtual Conversation Hours are held in Zoom, and participants can contribute through audio and/or chat. Sharing your video is not expected. We post summary notes in our Blog after each discussion for anyone who can’t attend live.
Register for a conversation through the links below. After registering, you will receive a unique Zoom link via email. Please save this link in order to enter the Zoom meeting on the date of the event.
We are looking for facilitators for Spring 2020. If interested, please apply to be a facilitator by December 31, 2019.
View summaries of past conversation hours in our Blog:
- Identifying & Navigating Institutional Context for OWCs (summary) – September 13, 2019
- OWC Readings (summary) – August 20, 2019
- Training for Online Writing Tutoring (summary) – May 3, 2019
- Synchronous Tutoring Platforms (summary) – April 12, 2019
- Asynchronous Tutoring Strategies (summary) – March 26, 2019