- This event has passed.
OWCC Webinar | Shaping Online Tutoring Practice: Research and Reflection over Replication
September 8 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm EDT
- Date: September 8, 2020, 1-2pm EST
- Presenter: Lisa Eastmond Bell
- Title: “Shaping Online Tutoring Practice: Research and Reflection over Replication”
- Hosting Organization: Online Writing Centers Community
- Registration: Register Online>>
Online tutoring at its best is shaped by learners and learning and not simply an attempt to replicate in-person tutoring practices. As writing centers grapple with the logistics of online programming, this webinar presentation will help attendees to:
- Use existing research to evaluate the benefits of asynchronous and synchronous tutoring
- Recognize what writing centers and learners can gain as tutoring goes online
- Reflect on values needed to rethink online tutoring and approaches to tutor training
American Sign Language interpretation will be provided. This webinar will be recorded.