The OWC Community is piloting a mentoring program, to assist writing centers who need mentoring on designing online support services and/or moving their operations online due to the Coronavirus. Mentoring is also available to state and regional writing center associations who are looking to offer virtual participation in their conference events.
Mentors and mentees will be connected via email and can continue their conversation through any methods/technologies that work best for both parties.
Request a Mentor
To request a mentor, please email the following information to email@example.com:
- Your institution/association and the populations you will be working with online (high school students, undergraduates, returning adults, etc.)
- What kind of guidance are you looking for? What is your goal or hope for mentoring?
- What kind of online services are you researching or considering?
- What technologies are available through your center or larger institution/association?
The following individuals currently serve as mentors:
- Sarah Agnihotri, Madonna University
- Chessie Alberti, Linn-Benton Community College
- Lisa Bell, Brigham Young University
- Chet Breaux, Athens State University
- Linda Clemens, University of Minnesota Twin Cities
- Ramon Daines, Northcentral University
- Jill Dahlman, California Northstate University College of Health Sciences
- Jenelle M. Dembsey, Northcentral University
- Shareen Grogan, University of Montana
- Alysa Robin Hantgan, Concordia College
- Christina Lundberg, Walden University
- Heidi Marshall, The Chicago School of Psychology
- Jennifer Mawhorter, retired from Azusa Pacific & Claremont School of Theology
- Sheri McCord, Logan University
- Beth Nastachowski, Walden University
- Ann Nowak, Touro Law
- Rachel Paprocki, Fuller Theological Seminary
- Luke Shackelford, University of Minnesota
- Anne Shiell, Walden University
- Rachel Willard, Walden University